Friday, June 17, 2011

Cruising to a Vacation

So my sister, Amy, just kicked off her summer vacation when she and her husband and 2 children went on a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas. On the ship there was so much to do for children as well as grown-ups! She and her husband got much needed alone time while her children went to the camp. Once the ship docked in the Bahamas they swam in the ocean, my niece got her hair braided, and lots of pictures were taken!

They just recently returned from their trip and Amy said the crystal clear waters, the white sand on the beach and the relaxation she felt not having to cook or clean for 4 days was amazing. I can see why she would not have wanted to come back, but because of her amazing experience she is trying to convince myself and my parents to go on a cruise too. I would love nothing more than to go on a cruise, but Amy and her husband make a few more dollars than I do. But she convinced me it’ll be worth it, so I am going to start planning one!

Cruise

Since I don’t make as much money as Amy and her husband, I am going to create a savings plan. First, I am going to find out the cost of the cruise, and any amenities that are offered at an additional charge. I think scuba diving would be a blast. Second, I am going to put back X number of dollars away in my Truliant vacation club account, and watch the money grow. With the vacation club, I can save money in addition to what I’m already putting aside, and I get one withdrawal every three months. I can plan for my cruise any time of the year!